Panasonic FZ330 shutter count
Knowing the shutter count is useful when buying or selling a camera, as it provides an indication on how intensively the camera has been used. Unlike some other brands, Panasonic cameras do not store the information on the number of shutter releases in the EXIF data of the images taken, and no reference exists in the camera manuals on how to retrieve the shutter count. Nevertheless, the number of shutter actuations - along with related camera usage data - is stored within the camera's memory and can be accessed through hidden service menus. The latter are intended for Panasonic service personnel to help with the identification and resolution of camera errors.
Exploring hidden menus
Getting the shutter count, that is the number of times the mechanical shutter of the camera has opened and closed, on the Panasonic FZ330 is a multi-step procedure. The individual steps are described in detail below. No problems have been reported to date from accessing the hidden service menus, but kindly note that if you decide to perform the steps below, you do so at your own risk.
With your camera's battery well charged, perform the following steps in sequence.
- Insert a memory card into the card slot;
- Turn the camera ON and take a picture;
- Select P, A, S or M mode;
- Turn the camera OFF;
- Select single shot mode;
- Press and hold simultaneously the AF/AE LOCK, DISPLAY and RIGHT ARROW (WB) buttons, while turning the camera ON;;
- Now, press and hold the AF/AE LOCK button together with the MENU/SET and LEFT ARROW buttons;
- Repeat the last step, that is press and hold the AF/AE LOCK button, while pressing the MENU/SET and LEFT ARROW buttons.
- Write down the number next to PWRCNT. This is how many times the camera has been powered up;
- Write down the number next to SHTCNT. This is the shutter activation count;
- Write down the number next to STBCNT. This is the number of times the flash has fired;
- Switch the camera off to revert back to normal operating mode.
- Congratulations, you have successfully retrieved the shutter actuations information!
Thinking of switching cameras?
In case you are considering an upgrade of your current camera, you might find the camera comparison app useful. Just enter two camera names into the search boxes below and you will promptly see a comparison of the two devices. Alternatively, you can jump directly to an existing comparison by clicking on any of the listed links.
- Canon 1200D vs Panasonic FZ330
- Canon D60 vs Panasonic FZ330
- Fujifilm X-T2 vs Panasonic FZ330
- Nikon B500 vs Panasonic FZ330
- Nikon D40X vs Panasonic FZ330
- Nikon L840 vs Panasonic FZ330
- Panasonic FZ200 vs Panasonic FZ330
- Panasonic FZ330 vs Panasonic GF6
- Panasonic FZ330 vs Panasonic GF7
- Panasonic FZ330 vs Panasonic GH2
- Panasonic FZ330 vs Sony H300
- Panasonic FZ330 vs YI M1